Pauls Language Quiz 1
1. Kar in Turkish, Lumi in Finnish, Neve in Italian, Nieve in Spanish and Neige in French . What is it called in English?
2. A magnificent palace, a variety of apple and a person or thing without equal. One word.
3. A noun for chorus and a verb meaning to cease. Seven letters
4. A black Perigord is an expensive example of what?
5. What is the Greek word for fire?
6. The rule of thumb or principle telling us that the simplest explanation is more likely the correct one is known as Occam's what?
7. Mariposa, Motyl, Farfalla, Borboleta, Papillon and Sommerfugl are all European words for what?
8. Which well known Sanskrit word can mean 'to unite' or 'to control'?
9. The heir apparent to the French Throne between 1350 and 1791 was given which title?
10. The following words stem from which languages?
6. Occam's Razor
7. Butterfly. Mariposa (Spanish), Motyl (Polish), Farfalla (Italian), Borboleta (Portugese), Papillon (French), Sommerfugl (Danish)
9. The Dauphin of France
10. Five answers