Alphabetical Quiz 13
The following quiz round was submitted by Ted Smith from the UK. Many thanks Ted, a great idea.
The idea is that all the answers to the following questions follow each other in alphabetical order.
1. Who had a hit with the song The Sultans of Swing?
2. What ways can a boxer win a fight. KO, Tech KO, Decision and ??
3. What was Brian Phelps' Olympic Sport?
4. Who lived in Puddleby-on-the-Marsh and had a pet duck called Dab Dab?
5. Who had a Hit with Sylvia's Mother?
6. Who did Hitler appoint as his successor in 1945?
7. Who said "No man is an Island"?
8. In The Magic Roundabout, what is the name of the dog?
9. Who played Vincent van Gogh in film Lust for Life?
10. What bird is a symbol of Peace?
11. What is Ray Reardon's nickname?
12. What TV series "changed the names to protect the innocent"?
13. Who was Perry Mason's original Private Investigator?
14. Who was the first Briton to sail around the world?
15. What is the name of a Squirrel's home?
16. In Jaws, who played Hooper the marine biologist?
17. What were The Shadows previously known as?
18. In a beehive, who are the queen's closest servants?
19. How did My Darling Clementine die?
20. On what instrument can you perform a Rim Shot?
21. In which city is Lansdowne Road rugby ground?
22. Who played The Man from Atlantis?
23. Who won Best Actress Oscar for the film Network in 1977?
24. Which king did Macbeth and his wife murder?
25. Which American dancer was born in 1878 and died in 1927?
26. What make of cigarettes does James Bond smoke?
27. Who beat Sugar Ray Leonard in Brawl in Montreal?
28. Who wrote the book "My Family and Other Animals"?
29. Who said "You can be in my dreams if I can be in yours"?
30. What is Susan Hampshire's surprising disability?
1. Dire Straits
4. Doctor Dolittle
5. Doctor Hook
6. Admiral Doenitz
7. John Donne
9. Kirk Douglas
13. Paul Drake
14. Sir Francis Drake
16. Richard Dreyfuss
17. The Drifters
22. Patrick Duffy
23. Faye Dunaway
25. Isadora Duncan
26. Dunhill (See comments below regarding this answer)
27. Roberto Duran
28. Gerald Durrell
29. Bob Dylan