The following quiz round was submitted by Ted Smith from the UK. Many thanks Ted, a great idea.
The idea is that all the answers to the following questions follow each other in alphabetical order.
1. AuH2O in 1964' was whose slogan?
2. Who did Dennis Weaver play in Gunsmoke?
3. Who partnered Bob Monkhouse in early showbiz days?
4. In which RADIO programme was there a character called Bluebottle?
5. What British general was killed at Khartoum?
6. Who played Meg Mortimer in Crossroads?
7. What city do Batman and Robin patrol?
8. What Hollywood actress was nicknamed The Legs?
9. Name the German pocket battleship scuttled in 1939 off Montevideo harbour. .
10. Who wrote The Wind in the Willows?
11. London's Little Venice is a basin of which canal?
12. What kind of apple is on The Beatles' Apple label?
13. Who played the brothers who ran The Paradise Club?
14. Who did David Jason play in Open All Hours?
15. What is common name for the fruit Citrus Grandis?
16. Who became host of Generation Game in 1978?
17. What 1940 Charlie Chaplin film satirised Hitler?
18. What Hit:Frankie Vaughan (56);Shakin Stevens (81)?
19. Who wrote The Third Man?
20. Where in Berkshire were Britain's first Cruise missiles based?
21. In 1985, which beauty queen joined Frank Bough to present Breakfast Time?
22. What non-alcoholic drink is made from Pomegranate juice?
23. Monaco is ruled by which House?
24. In what hosp was first Heart Transplant op performed?
25. What Hit:Mindbenders (66);Phil Collins (88)?
26. Who played Benson, the butler in Soap?
27. Who makes Harp lager?
28. Which part of the body is afflicted by gingivitis
29. What is a blunderbuss?
30. What was the first book set in Type?
1. Barry Goldwater's, when he was standing for President of the USA
2. Chester Goode
3. Dennis Goodwin
4. The Goons
5. Charles Gordon
6. Noele Gordon
7. Gotham City
8. Betty Grable
9. Graf Spee
10. Kenneth Graham
11. Grand Union Canal
12. Granny Smith
13. Leslie Grantham & Don Henderson
16. Larry Grayson
17. Great Dictator
18. Green Door
19. Graeme Greene
20. Greenham Common
21. Debbie Greenwood
24. Groote Schuur
25. Groovy kind of love
26. Robert Guillaume
30. Gutenberg Bible