The following quiz round was submitted by Ted Smith from the UK. Many thanks Ted, a great idea.
The idea is that all the answers to the following questions follow each other in alphabetical order.
1. What was the name of Paul Eddington's character in "Yes, Minister" and "Yes, Prime Minister"?
2. What is trichology the study of?
3. In which Shakespeare play does the phrase "to be or not to be" appear?
4. What is the first bridge that the boats pass under in the Oxford - Cambridge boat race?
5. Who provided the voice for Woody in Toy Story?
6. Which musical instrument was also known as a clavier during the 18th century?
7. Which actor starred as Dr Doolittle in the 1967 film of the same name?
8. Which TV show featured a dog called "Freeway"?
9. Which politician was once replaced by a tub of lard on the TV show "Have I Got News for You"?
10. Who narrates the initial lines in the Pink Floyd song "Keep Talking"?
11. What was Blondie's first UK number one hit single?
12. In Monty Python's Flying Circus, what type of animal was Dinsdale?
13. What is the name of Melanie Griffiths' mother, who appeared in the Alfred Hitchcock film "The Birds"
14. Acrophobia is the fear of what?
15. What is the most Northern national capital in Europe?
16. What was the name of the cult that Charles Manson was head of which killed at least seven people?
17. Who were the parents of Queen Elizabeth the first?
18. Who created the muppets?
19. Who played Eliza Doolittle in the film "My Fair Lady"?
20. In the TV comedy series "Steptoe and Son", what was the name of Steptoe's horse?
21. Who ordered the execution of John The Baptist?
22. What was the Roman name for Ireland?
23. Who was killed playing poker while holding a pair of aces and a pair of eights leading to expression "dead man's hand"?
24. What was the system of drawing pictures to symbolise words in ancient Egypt called?
25. "A Kind Of Magic" and "Hammer To Fall" by Queen are songs on the soundtrack to which 1986 film?
26. In which religion is the god Brahma found?
27. Which two actors played the main roles in the film "Midnight Cowboy"?
28. Which World Wrestling champion was in the films "Rocky III", "Mr. Nanny" and "Muppets From Space"?
29. What was Madonna's first top ten single?
30. In the TV series "Red Dwarf", what is the name of the ship's computer?
31. As at January 2000, which fictional character has been used in most films?
32. On which children's game is the triple jump thought to have been based?
33. What was the name of the 80s band of which Fatboy Slim was a member?
34. Who played a singer called Rachel Marron in a 1992 film?
35. Who played Joey Boswell in Bread and later went on to direct the film "Sliding Doors"?
36. Who is the only TV cartoon dog to have an Antarctic island named after him?
37. Which bay has the longest shoreline in the world?
38. In "Are You Being Served", what was the name of the character who had the catchphrase "I'm Free"?
39. In what film does Alec Baldwin play the character of Jack Ryan?
40. John Major became a member of Parliament in 1979 for which town, north of London?
1. Jim Hacker
5. Tom Hanks
7. Rex Harrison
8. Hart To Hart
9. Roy Hattersley
10. Stephen Hawking
11. Heart Of Glass
12. A giant hedgehog
13. Tippi Hedren
16. Helter Skelter
17. Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn
18. Jim Henson
19. Audrey Hepburn
21. King Herod
23. Wild Bill Hickock
27. Dustin Hoffman and Jon Voight
28. Hulk Hogan
31. Sherlock Holmes
33. The Housemartins
34. Whitney Houston (in "The Bodyguard")
35. Peter Howitt
36. Huckleberry Hound
37. Hudson Bay
38. Mr Humphries
39. "The Hunt For Red October"