Alphabetical Quiz 45
The following quiz round was submitted by Ted Smith from the UK. Many thanks Ted, a great idea.
The idea is that all the answers to the following questions follow each other in alphabetical order.
1. Which airline has a kangaroo on it’s planes tails?
2. What is only country in the world that begins with Q
3. Ignorant pretender in medicine
4. What is a quarter of a circle called
5. To swallow hurriedly or greedily or in one draught
6. Surname of actor whose films include the Big Easy and Inner Space
7. Smallest member of the partridge family
8. What is the better-known name for the religious Society of Friends?
9. Which fashion designer popularised the miniskirt and the Mod look?
10. A range of hills in the West Country?
11. In which TV time travel series does Scott Bakula play the lead?
12. An arrow having a four edged head fired for a crossbow
13. In 1958, 15-year-old George Harrison played in his first live concert with John Lennon and Paul McCartney in the Kasbah Coffee bar, Liverpool – what was the group called?
14. Any Of Christmas, Lady, Michaelmas Or Midsummer.
15. A composition for four instruments
16. What measure of paper is 8 by 10 inches?
17. What is seven on Moh’s Scale of Hardness?
18. What was the name of the Hunchback of Notre Dame
19. What was the surname of Professor Bernard, which was title of an early TV sci-fi?
20. What is a female cat called?
21. A borough of New York City on the west of Long Island
22. Formulated the rules of boxing?
23. A star of Men Behaving Badly
24. What is another name for Mercury
25. What’s the name of the game played on broomsticks by Harry Potter and his team mates?
26. In music 'Tranquillo' means this?
27. Who was the producer of the Tom and Jerry cartoons until 1956?
28. Slices of what did the owl and the pussycat eat?
29. What gives tonic water its peculiar flavour?
30. A Roman or Greek ship with 5 banks of oars?
31. An old name for tonsillitis?
32. A repartee?
33. A quantity of paper?
34. Another name for traitor – after the Norwegian Prime Minister who collaborated with the Germans?
35. The capital of Ecuador?
36. What four-letter word is purported to have been the result of a wager by James Daly, the manager of a Dublin Theatre, that he would introduce into the language, within 24 hours, a new word with no meaning?
37. Game in which a ring is thrown over a peg
38. The minimum number of people needed for a meeting?
39. A TV shopping channel?
40. Top 6 letters on the left of your keyboard
9. Quant Mary
11. Quantum Leap
13. The Quarrymen
14. Quarter Day
23. Caroline Quentin
27. Fred Quimby