The following quiz round was submitted by Ted Smith from the UK. Many thanks Ted, a great idea.
The idea is that all the answers to the following questions follow each other in alphabetical order.
1. What is a Flemish giant?
2. Which two characters in "Friends" got married in Las Vegas?
3. "OK Computer", "Pablo Honey" and "Kid A" are all albums by which British band ?
4. Who did Goran Ivanisevic beat in the men's singles final at Wimbledon in 2001?
5. Which children's television show featured the characters of George, Zippy and Bungle?
6. In which 1988 Oscar winning film do the characters Charlie and Raymond Babbitt appear?
7. What is common to the Archbishop of Canterbury from 1961 to 74 and an ex-England football manager?
8. Who wrote the book "Swallows and Amazons"?
9. Before becoming a pop star, Lisa Stansfield was a presenter on which British music show?
10. In computing, what does "ROM" stand for?
11. Other than cricket, what sport is played regularly at Lord's cricket ground?
12. Who won six World Professional Snooker Championships in the 1970s?
13. In which 3 films did James Dean star?
14. Which ex-West Ham football manager is the father in law of pop star Louise?
15. What is the most common pub name in the UK? .
16. Which song by Jackie Wilson was originally released in 1957, and reached number one in the UK when re-issued in 1986?
17. In Dr Who, what does the letter R stand for in the acronym TARDIS?
18. What does a Herpetologist study?
19. Which two singers duetted on the 1981 hit "Endless Love"?
20. What 5 events make up the Modern Pentathlon?
21. Which actress plays the character of Tracy who marries James Bond in "On her majesty's secret service"?
22. What is the name of the snake-killing hero described in a story by Rudyard Kipling?
23. The Copacabana beach is situated by which city?
24. What river forms a large part of the boundary between Mexico and the USA?
25. What is the capital city of Saudi Arabia?
26. Who played Tinkerbell in Steven Spielberg's film "Hook"?
27. Which of the Bee Gees are twins?
28. Which famous novel was based on the real-life exploits of Alexander Selkirk?
29. Who hosted the TV quiz show "Ask The Family"?
30. Which TV detective kept his gun in a biscuit jar?
31. In which European country is Transylvania?
32. Which Shakespeare play inspired the musical "West Side Story"?
33. Mickey Mouse is named after which actor?
34. In 1901, who became the only US President not be sworn in on a Bible?
35. Which singer played Billie Holiday in the 1972 film "Lady Sings The Blues"?
36. Which Italian won the golden boot in the 1982 World Cup scoring 6 goals?
37. Which company makes the chocolate biscuit Kit Kat?
38. What was the title of the modern film version of "Cyrano de Bergerac" starring Steve Martin?
39. Who shot and killed Lee Harvey Oswald?
40. Which country had a parliament called the Duma?
1. A rabbit
2. Rachel and Ross
4. Pat Rafter
6. Rain Man
8. Arthur Ransome
10. Read-only memory
11. Real tennis
12. Ray Reardon
13. Rebel Without A Cause "East Of Eden", and "Giant".
14. Harry Redknapp
15. The Red Lion
16. "Reet Petite"
17. Time And Relative Dimensions in Space
19. Lionel Richie and Diana Ross
20. Riding Fencing, Swimming, Shooting, Cross-country running,
21. Diana Rigg
22. Rikki-Tikki Tavi
23. Rio De Janeiro
24. The Rio Grande
26. Julia Roberts
27. Robin and Maurice
28. Robinson Crusoe
29. Robert Robinson
30. Jim Rockford
32. Romeo And Juliet
33. Mickey Rooney
34. Theodore Roosevelt
35. Diana Ross
36. Paolo Rossi
39. Jack Ruby