The following quiz round was submitted by Ted Smith from the UK. Many thanks Ted, a great idea.
The idea is that all the answers to the following questions follow each other in alphabetical order.
1. The TV series "Killer" introduced which detective inspector in 1983?
2. Which country's central bank is called the Central Bank of China?
3. What is the state capital of Florida?
4. "Kiss me Kate" is a musical version of which play by Shakespeare?
5. Before finding fame as a film director, who played an Elvis impersonator in the last episode of "The Golden Girls"?
6. In books and films, by what name was John Clayton better known?
7. Travis Bickle is the name of the leading character in which 1976 film?
8. Who composed the ballet "Sleeping Beauty"?
9. What do edentulous mammals not have?
10. Rossini composed an overture about what legendary character?
11. Who captained the submarine in Stingray?
12. Which spirit replaces vodka to turn a Bloody Mary into a Bloody Maria?.
13. In which film did Arnold Swarzenegger say "I'll be back" for the first time?
14. Who played Kavanagh QC on British television?
15. What is the American name for what the British call a 'drawing pin'?
16. What does the letter "T" stand for in James T. Kirk's name?
17. What is the name of the dog in Enid Blyton's 'Famous Five'?
18. What was the name of the mouse that Dumbo the elephant made friends with in the Disney cartoon?
19. Which film was advertised with the slogans "Collide with destiny" and "Nothing on Earth could come between them"?
20. Shaggy, Ink Cap and Stink Horn are all types of what?
21. In which film did Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall first star together?
22. What was the first name of the cabin boy in "Captain Pugwash"?
23. Which famous duo began in a 1940 MGM short called "Puss Gets the Boot"?
24. Which town was the scene of the Gunfight at the OK Corral?
25. Who played Father Peter in the TV series "Ballykissangel"?
26. "Benny The Ball", "Choo-Choo", "Fancy Fancy" and "Spook" were part of which cartoon characters gang?
27. Which sporting event did Irishman Stephen Roche win in 1987?
28. Requiring 800,000 hours to generate all the images, what 1995 film was the first fully computer generated full length feature film?
29. What is the scientific name for the wind pipe?
30. Which novel by Irvine Welsh, was the basis for a 1996 film starring Ewan McGregor?
31. Which Scottish band had a hit album in 1999 with "The Man Who"?
32. What does a dendrologist study?
33. What four words in the English language end with the letters "dous"?
34. Port of Spain is the capital city of which country?
35. What word is derived from a modern plural of the Latin for "the place where three roads meet"?
36. What word can be used to describe a group of Kangaroos or Baboons?
37. Which actress starred opposite Michael Douglas in the 1984 film "Romancing The Stone"?
38. Florence is the capital city of which Italian District ?
39. What is the Italian for "mixed fruits", and is also the title of a famous song?
40. Which singer had the bestselling album in the UK in 1999 called "Come On Over"?
4. Taming Of The Shrew
5. Quentin Tarantino
7. "Taxi Driver"
10. William Tell
11. Troy Tempest
14. John Thaw
21. To Have And Have Not
23. Tom and Jerry
25. Stephen Tompkinson
27. Tour De France
28. Toy Story
29. The trachea
33. Tremendous, Hazardous, Horrendous, Stupendous
34. Trinidad and Tobago
36. A troop
37. Kathleen Turner
39. "Tutti Frutti"
40. Shania Twain