The following quiz round was submitted by Ted Smith from the UK. Many thanks Ted, a great idea.
The idea is that all the answers to the following questions follow each other in alphabetical order.
1. Who had a hit with Sunday, Bloody Sunday
2. The first Reggae group allowed behind the Iron Curtain.
3. Vessel which struck their first successes against warships in 1914?
4. A device for measuring rainfall?
5. What is the name of the famous art gallery in Florence?
6. A cross between a grapefruit and an orange or tangerine?
7. Frank Butcher of East Enders took which song into the charts?
8. The two islands of the Outer Hebrides, both lying off the north-western coast of Scotland are called North and South what? .
9. What is the capital of Mongolia?
10. The loss due to evaporation or leakage?
11. Moved from British television to US television, and also had a number 2 hit with Move Over Darling?
12. A bone in the arm?
13. What does UHT stand for when talking about milk
14. What technique is usually used to show pictures of a foetus in a womb?
15. The town where Stan Laurel was born?
16. In mythology who blinded Polyphemus
17. The region of total shadow in an eclipse
18. Which company makes the England Football teams shirts?
19. Which U was a famous verse play by Dylan Thomas?
20. What was Queen’s only No1 hit single of the 1980s called?
21. According to the nursery rhyme where did Little Boy Blue fall fast asleep
22. A strong seaward bottom current returning the water of broken waves back out to sea.
23. What 1992 film won the best picture, best director and best supporting actor
24. Formerly called the Trucial States
25. The band Coldplay met whilst students at which college?
26. A mountain range in Central Asia?
27. Fear of heaven
28. The opposite of rural
29. Who co-wrote the Band Aid single 'Do They Know Its Christmas' with Bob Geldof in 1984?
30. Persons suffering from gout have a high level of which acid in the blood?
31. Who wrote the book Exodus
32. Which country is the port of Fray Bentos?
33. Who had a hit with We Are The World
34. What are priced in the book ‘glass’s guide’?
35. What was the name of the vessel that Japan signed their surrender on in WW2?
36. Lending money at an exorbitant rate of interest?
37. What American state is known as the Mormon state
38. An imaginary state of perfection?
39. The Midlands’ Grand National is run on which race-course?
40. Where in England is Brunel University?
7. Ugly Duckling
9. Ulan Bator
11. Tracey Ullman
13. Ultra Heat Treated
19. Under Milk Wood
20. Under Pressure
21. Under the Haystack
24. United Arab Emirates
25. University College London (UCL)
29. Midge Ure
31. Leon Uris
33. USA For Africa
34. Used Cars
35. USS Missouri