The following quiz round was submitted by Ted Smith from the UK. Many thanks Ted, a great idea.
The idea is that all the answers to the following questions follow each other in alphabetical order.
1. Also known as a doodlebug?
2. Capital of Liechtenstein, central Europe,
3. The third largest cities of Spain and Venezuela share the same name. What is it?
4. Seaport and capital of Malta
5. In Norse mythology where do the souls of heroes killed in battle go?
6. A boy’s comic and a RAF bomber?
7. In folklore they suck blood from their victims?
8. The actor Barry Foster died 11.02.02 what was his most famous role
9. What was Tasmania originally called?
10. A Dutch painter, now known for his revolutionary approach to painting, spent most of his adult life near poverty
11. Who had a hit with You Really Got Me
12. What spice is derived from the pods of a climbing Orchid?
13. To disappear
14. Who had a hit in Dec. 1969 with 'Hitching' a Ride’?
15. With who was the lead singer of the 1960s Irish group "them"?
16. Which TV star was Jamiroquai singer Jay Kay planning to marry?
17. Formerly New Hebrides
18. Who had a 1980 hit with Turning Japanese?
19. One of the Men from Uncle?
20. Specifically which meat is used to make Weiner Schnitzel?
21. Who released The Album "Solitude Standing" In 1987?
22. What is the name for a person who will eat no food of animal origin?
23. The Australian version of Marmite?
24. Textile fabric with a long silk nap
25. Which future England and premiership manager scored a penalty for Chelsea in the 1965 football league cup final
26. In which country is the world's highest waterfall ?
27. Where in the world would you find the Bridge of Sighs
28. In humans, the two lower chambers of the heart are called what?
29. Which planet is known also as the Morning and Evening star?
30. Who wrote 20,000 leagues under the sea ?
8. Van der Valk
9. Van Diemen’s Land
10. Vincent van Gogh
11. Van Halen
14. Vanity Fair
15. Van Morrison
16. Van Outen (Denise)
19. Robert Vaughn
21. Susan Vega
25. Terry Venables
30. Jules Verne