The following quiz round was submitted by Ted Smith from the UK. Many thanks Ted, a great idea.
The idea is that all the answers to the following questions follow each other in alphabetical order.
1. What name is given to the left hand side of a book
2. Who had a hit with Bittersweet Symphony
3. A religious service?
4. Who was the Roman goddess of the hearth?
5. A pulse similar to chick peas
6. Roger Lloyd Pack played Owen Newitt in which comedy?
7. Which company made the aircraft Viscount, Valiant and Vulcan?
8. What is the radio code name for the letter V?
9. A lake discovered in 1858 by John Speke?
10. A 1982 Oscar nominated film starring Julie Andrews where she played a transvestite entertainer?
11. What was the name of Rigsby’s cat in rising damp?
12. Where was Hamburger Hill?
13. What was then name of the first spacecraft to land Mars?
14. Which warriors come from Minnesota in American football?
15. Who had a hit with Y.M.C.A.
16. Nice on fish and chips
17. A food which is blue and comes from Dorset?
18. Who had a belated hit with Blue Velvet?
19. Which instrument is played by the leader of an orchestra
20. A loud, overbearing woman
21. An American state named after Queen Elizabeth I?
22. What is the name given to the science of grape growing?
23. In which comic would you see Sid the Sexist?
24. Which Company sponsored Man Utd & the England World cup Cricket team in 2003
25. What are the two ingredients of a Bloody Mary?
26. The Battle of Stalingrad ended the German invasion of Russia – what is Stalingrad now called?
27. Who wrote “Candide”?
28. To offer to do something without payment
29. Emetophobia is a fear of what
30. What do people do in a plebiscite?
2. Verve, The
6. Vicar of Dibley
10. Victor Victoria
15. Village People
17. Vinny – a cheese
18. Bobby Vinton
25. Vodka and Tomato juice