17th January Quiz
The following quiz questions were submitted by Perry Bartlett. Perry runs a quiz night at Floyd's Bar, Cerro Branco, Albufeira in Portugal every Saturday & Wednesday night at 10pm. Many thanks Perry.
1. In 1773 the Arctic Circle was first crossed on this day by which British explorer?
2. Born today in 1863, who was British Prime Minister during World War I?
3. 79 today (2007), in what field is Vidal Sassoon a famous name?
4. The United States bought the Virgin Islands from which European country on this day in 1917?
5. The late Andy Kaufman would have been 58 today, who played him in the biopic ?Man on the Moon?
6. Sir Robert Falcon Scott reached which pole today in 1912?
7. Susanna Hoffs is 48 today (2007), with which 80s band was she lead singer?
8. Harald V became king of which country on this day in 1991?
9. Popeye the Sailor Man first appeared today in 1929, but what does he have tattooed on his arm?
10. How old is Muhammad Ali today (2007)?
1. James Cook
5. Jim Carey
7. The Bangles
9. An Anchor