12th January Quiz
The following quiz questions were submitted by Perry Bartlett. Perry runs a quiz night at Floyd's Bar, Cerro Branco, Albufeira in Portugal every Saturday & Wednesday night at 10pm. Many thanks Perry.
1. Which charitable trust that has a sprig of oak leaves and an acorn as its logo was founded today in 1895?
2. Which writer, who created Hercule Poirot, died today in 1976?
3. Boxer Joe Frazier, who is 64 today (2008) was known by what nickname?
4. Who played Batman in the US TV series which first aired today in 1966?
5. Which comedian and entertainer, who passed away today in 2002, has the epitaph ?Reunitey in the Heavenly Bode ? Deep Joy? on the gravestone shared with his wife?
6. The film ?Private Parts? was a bio-pic about which American ?Shock Jock? who was born today in 1954?
7. ?All in the Family? debuted on US television today in 1971, but on which British sitcom was it based?
8. 34 today (2008), what is the real name of ?Sporty? Spice, from the Spice Girls?
9. Which ship, whose maiden voyage began today in 2004, is the largest ocean liner ever built?
10. How old is Des O?Connor today (2008)?
1. The National Trust
2. Agatha Christie
4. Adam West
5. Stanley Unwin
6. Howard Stern
7. Till Death Us Do Part
8. Melanie Chisholm
9. Queen Mary II