The following quiz questions were submitted by Perry Bartlett. Perry runs a quiz night at Floyd's Bar, Cerro Branco, Albufeira in Portugal every Saturday & Wednesday night at 10pm. Many thanks Perry.
1. Invented by John Pemberton, which beverage was first sold in bottles today in 1894?
2. Born today in 1881, Mustafa Atatűrk was first president and founder of which country?
3. Known as ?Bird?, which jazz saxophonist died today in 1955?
4. Which city was named capital of Australia today in 1913?
5. ?On The Road? is a famous novel by which American beat poet, who was born today in 1922?
6. Which actor, who died today in 1984, played Private Godfrey in Dads Army?
7. Following the revolution, Moscow was declared capital of Russia today in 1918, taking over from which other city?
8. 45 today (2008), Ian Holloway is currently manager of which English football club?
9. The first female Church of England priests were ordained today in which year in the nineties?
10. How old is Liza Minnelli today (2008)?
3. Charlie Parker
5. Jack Kerouac
6. Arnold Ridley
7. St. Petersburg
8. Leicester City*