27th January Quiz
The following quiz questions were submitted by Perry Bartlett. Perry runs a quiz night at Floyd's Bar, Cerro Branco, Albufeira in Portugal every Saturday & Wednesday night at 10pm. Many thanks Perry.
1. The gunpowder plotters went on trial on this day in 1606, we all know about Guy Fawkes, but what was the name of the leader of the group?
2. Born today in 1832, who wrote ?Alice Through the Looking Glass??
3. For which international rugby team did birthday boy Keith Wood appear 58 times?
4. The Paris Peace Accords were signed today in 1973, officially ending which conflict?
5. The man who popularized the flush toilet in Britain (although he did not invent it, despite a popular myth) died today in 1910, what was his name?
6. 63 today (2007), which Nobel prize did Mair?ad Corrigan receive, along with Betty Williams in 1976?
7. Today is Holocaust Memorial day, in which year was it first officially marked by the UN?
8. The composer of Aida, La Traviata and Rigoletto died today in 1901, who was he?
9. Staying with opera, The Magic Flute, Cosi Fan Tutte and Don Giovanni were all operas composed by which musical genius who was born today in 1756?
10. How old is Pink Floyd drummer Nick Mason today (2007)?
1. Robert Catesby
2. Lewis Carroll
4. Vietnam War
5. Thomas Crapper