The following quiz questions were submitted by Perry Bartlett. Perry runs a quiz night at Floyd's Bar, Cerro Branco, Albufeira in Portugal every Saturday & Wednesday night at 10pm. Many thanks Perry.
1. Which Russian city was re-named Leningrad today in 1924?
2. 69 today (2008), which American singer/songwriter had a hit with The Streak?
3. Caligula died this day in 41, who portrayed him in the 1979 film of the same name?
4. L. Ron Hubbard, who died today in 1986, founded which religious sect?
5. Birthday boy Adrian Edmondson is married to which popular comedy actress and writer?
6. Ernst Heinkel, born today in 1888 was a famous name in which field?
7. Which King of England disbanded Parliament on this day in 1679?
8. 49 today, with which band did Jools Holland make his name?
9. Which company bought animated film makers Pixar today in 2006?
10. How old is Neil Diamond today (2008)?
1. St. Petersburg
2. Ray Stevens
3. Malcolm McDowell
5. Jennifer Saunders
6. Aircraft Design
7. Charles II