The following quiz questions were submitted by Perry Bartlett. Perry runs a quiz night at Floyd's Bar, Cerro Branco, Albufeira in Portugal every Saturday & Wednesday night at 10pm. Many thanks Perry.
1. The battle portrayed in the film Zulu ended today in 1879, where in S. Africa did it take place?
2. Born today in 1910, Django Reinhardt was an acclaimed player of which instrument?
3. What nationality was Edvard Munch, the painter of The Scream, who died today in 1944?
4. Signed to day in 1579, the treaty of Utrecht united the northern provinces of which modern day European country?
5. Born on this day in 1919, which manager took Liverpool FC to six league titles and three European Cup wins?
6. Which Spanish surrealist painter died on this day in 1989 at the age of 84?
7. British forces captured Tripoli from the Germans today in 1943, in which country is Tripoli?
8. Johnny Carson, who passed away today in 2005, hosted which US TV show for thirty years?
9. The classic TV series ?Roots? began airing in the USA today in 1977, who was the author of the book on which it was based?
10. How old is Rutger Hauer today (2008)?
1. Rorke?s Drift
5. Bob Paisley
6. Salvador Dali
8. The Tonight Show
9. Alex Haley