The following quiz questions were submitted by Perry Bartlett. Perry runs a quiz night at Floyd's Bar, Cerro Branco, Albufeira in Portugal every Saturday & Wednesday night at 10pm. Many thanks Perry.
1. Mexican revolutionaries attacked which Texas mission on this day in 1836?
2. Born today in 1865, which composer wrote The Messiah and Water Music?
3. Stan Laurel passed away today in 1965, in which English county was he born?
4. The Orange Free State was declared independent today in 1854, in which modern country is it found?
5. Which worldwide charitable club was formed by businessmen in Chicago on this day in 1905?
6. 26 today (2007), for which football club does England international Gareth Barry play?
7. The composer of Pomp and Circumstance died today in 1934, who was he?
8. Dame Nellie Melba also passed away on this day in 1931, where was she born?
9. 53 today (2007), which former soviet republic is Victor Yushchenko president of?
10. How old is actor Peter Fonda today (2007)?
1. The Alamo
2. George Handel
3. Lancashire/Cumbria (When Laurel was born, Ulverston was in Lancashire, but since 1972 it has been part of Cumbria)
4. South Africa
5. Rotary Club
6. Aston Villa
7. Edward Elgar