The following quiz questions were submitted by Perry Bartlett. Perry runs a quiz night at Floyd's Bar, Cerro Branco, Albufeira in Portugal every Saturday & Wednesday night at 10pm. Many thanks Perry.
1. Ivan the Terrible was crowned today in 1547; he was the first Russian ruler to assume which title?
2. Tyres, hotel guides and culinary excellence are linked to which French industrialist, who was born today in 1853?
3. The mistress of Lord Nelson died today in 1815, who was she?
4. The 18th amendment to the US constitution came into effect today in 1920, outlawing the manufacture, transportation and sale of what?
5. ?Your Love is King?, ?Smooth Operator? and ?Sweetest Taboo? were all hits for which singer, who was born today in 1959?
6. Which actor, who died today in 1981, played ?M? in eleven James Bond films?
7. Whose expedition found the magnetic South Pole on this day in 1909?
8. 26 today (2008), Preston is the singer with which British band?
9. The first Gulf War began today in which year?
10. How old is former world snooker champion Cliff Thorburn today (2008)?
2. Andr? Michelin
3. Emma Hamilton
4. Alcoholic Drinks
6. Bernard Lee
8. Ordinary Boys