The following quiz questions were submitted by Perry Bartlett. Perry runs a quiz night at Floyd's Bar, Cerro Branco, Albufeira in Portugal every Saturday & Wednesday night at 10pm. Many thanks Perry.
1. The US military academy was founded on this day in 1802, what is it called?
2. Leo McKern was born today in 1920, in which country?
3. The father of the Duchess of York passed away today in 2003, who was he?
4. Today 1867 who published an article publicizing the discovery of antiseptic surgery?
5. Who resigned as prime Minister today in 1976?
6. Jimmy Nail is 53 today (2007), in which TV series did he first find fame?
7. Who won the first FA Cup final today in 1872?
8. On this day in which year, did Mississippi finally ratify the 13th amendment, abolishing slavery, A) 1865, B) 1905 or C) 1995?
9. Who said the famous words, ?I am just going outside and may be some time.? Today in 1912?
10. How old is Jerry Lewis today (2007)?
1. West Point
3. Ronald Ferguson
4. Joseph Lister
5. Harold Wilson
6. Auf Wiedersehen Pet
7. The Wanderers
9. Laurence Oates