The following quiz questions were submitted by Perry Bartlett. Perry runs a quiz night at Floyd's Bar, Cerro Branco, Albufeira in Portugal every Saturday & Wednesday night at 10pm. Many thanks Perry.
1. Which English king dissolved parliament on this day in 1629?
2. Jazz great Leon Beiderbecke, who was born today in 1903, was known by what nickname?
3. Father of Jeff and Beau, which American actor died today in 1998?
4. Which famous fighting force was formed today in 1831 by King Louis-Philippe to support his war in Algeria?
5. Who pleaded guilty to the murder of Martin Luther King today in 1969?
6. 44 today (2008), who did Prince Edward marry in 1999?
7. The first census of Britain was taken this day in which year, A) 1701, B) 1801 or C)1901?
8. Which twice 500 cc world champion died today in 2003 aged just 52?
9. The Mustang was first produced on this day in 1964 by which car company?
10. How old is Chuck Norris today (2008)?
1. Charles I
3. Lloyd Bridges
4. French Foreign Legion
5. James Earl Ray
6. Sophie Rhys-Jones
8. Barry Sheene