The following quiz questions were submitted by Perry Bartlett. Perry runs a quiz night at Floyd's Bar, Cerro Branco, Albufeira in Portugal every Saturday & Wednesday night at 10pm. Many thanks Perry.
1. James VI of Scotland gained which additional title on this day in 1603?
2. Erik Weisz was born today in 1874, by what name do we usually know him?
3. The writer of ?Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea? and ?Around the World in Eighty days? passed away today in 1905, who was he?
4. 76 P.O.W.s started their escape from Stalag Luft III on this day in 1943, a story told in which classic film of the 1960s?
5. Born Today in 1930, who played the title character in the 1968 film Bulitt?
6. 39 people were killed in a fire in a tunnel under which Alpine mountain today in 1999?
7. Viscount Montgomery of Alamein died today in 1976, what was his first name?
8. One of the biggest selling albums of all time, ?Dark Side of the Moon? was released today in 1973 by which group?
9. Joseph Barbera was born on this day in 1911, in what field did he make his name?
10. How old is Sir Alan Sugar today (2008)?
1. James I of England
2. Harry Houdini
3. Jules Verne
4. The Great Escape
5. Steve McQueen
6. Mont Blanc
8. Pink Floyd