15th March Quiz
The following quiz questions were submitted by Perry Bartlett. Perry runs a quiz night at Floyd's Bar, Cerro Branco, Albufeira in Portugal every Saturday & Wednesday night at 10pm. Many thanks Perry.
1. Who was murdered in the Roman Senate today in 44BC?
2. Born on this day in 1912, with which type of music do we mostly associate Lightnin? Hopkins?
3. Which Victorian engineer, who died today in 1891, created the London sewer network?
4. The first cricket test match was played today in 1877, between which two countries?
5. 37 today (2008), which former model is married to Rod Stewart?
6. Which actress, who passed away today in 2003, played Edie Pegden in ?Last of the Summer Wine??
7. The University of Toronto was chartered today in 1827, in which Canadian province is Toronto?
8. 27 today (2008), for which football club does Mikael Forssell currently play?
9. ?My Fair lady? opened on Broadway on this day in 1956, on which George Bernard Shaw book is it based?
10. How old is Beach Boys singer Mike Love today (2008)?
1. Julius Caesar
3. Joseph Bazalgette
4. England and Australia
5. Penny Lancaster
6. Thora Hird
8. Birmingham City