The following quiz questions were submitted by Perry Bartlett. Perry runs a quiz night at Floyd's Bar, Cerro Branco, Albufeira in Portugal every Saturday & Wednesday night at 10pm. Many thanks Perry.
1. Edward Jenner administered the first vaccination against which disease today in 1796?
2. Born today in 1926, Eric Morcambe was a director of which football club?
3. Frank Sinatra, who died today in 1998, won a Best Supporting Actor Oscar for which 1953 film?
4. Which two explorers began the first overland journey from the east to the Pacific coast and back on this day in 1804?
5. ?The Motorcycle Diaries? was a 2004 film about which South American revolutionary, who was born today in 1928?
6. Which English novelist, who died today in 1925 wrote ?King Solomon?s Mines? and ?She??
7. The NSPCC was founded today in 1889, what do the initials NSPCC stand for?
8. Which actress, who was born in Australia today in 1969, portrayed Elizabeth I in both the films ?Elizabeth? and ?Elizabeth, the Golden Age??
9. Today in 1973 the first US Space Station was launched, what was it called?
10. How old is George Lucas today (2008)?
2. Luton Town
3. From Here to Eternity
4. Lewis and Clark
5. Che Guevara
6. H. Rider Haggard
7. National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children
8. Cate Blanchett