The following quiz questions were submitted by Perry Bartlett. Perry runs a quiz night at Floyd's Bar, Cerro Branco, Albufeira in Portugal every Saturday & Wednesday night at 10pm. Many thanks Perry.
1. Which country finally recognised Portugal as an independent nation today in 1668?
2. 64 today (2008), what part did Stockard Channing play in the movie version of Grease?
3. Which Portuguese explorer, who died on this day in 1521, was the first to circumnavigate the globe?
4. Today in 1866, which notorious outlaw committed the first peacetime armed robbery in US history in Liberty, Missouri?
5. Famous for his bald head and staring eyes, which Italian former football referee is 48 today?
6. With what type of music do we associate Waylon Jennings, who died today in 2002?
7. Who was the creator of the Peanuts cartoon, the last of which appeared today in 2000?
8. 34 today (2008), what was Robbie Williams first UK number 1 single?
9. 78 members of which clan were murdered today in 1692 during the Massacre of Glencoe?
10. How old is former Monkee, Peter Tork today (2008)?
3. Fernando Magellan
4. Jesse James
5. Pierluigi Collina
7. Charles M. Schultz