The following quiz questions were submitted by Perry Bartlett. Perry runs a quiz night at Floyd's Bar, Cerro Branco, Albufeira in Portugal every Saturday & Wednesday night at 10pm. Many thanks Perry.
1. The Communist manifesto was first published today in 1848, who wrote it?
2. Greta Garbo?s first US film, The Torrent opened today in 1926, but where was she born?
3. Which black American civil rights leader was assassinated on this day in 1965?
4. The late Eddie Waring was born today in 1910, with which sport do we most associate him?
5. 61 today (2007), which part does actor Anthony Daniels play in the Star Wars films?
6. Bon Scott died today in 1980, with which Australian heavy rock band was he the singer?
7. The King of Norway is 70 today (2007), what is his name?
8. WH Auden was born 100 years ago today, but in which hit movie did John Hanna read his famous poem ?Funeral Blues??
9. 38 today (2007), with which band is James Dean Bradfield the lead singer?
10. How old is Alan Rickman today (2007)?
1. Marx & Engels
3. Malcolm X
4. Rugby league
7. Harald V
8. 4 Weddings and a Funeral
9. Manic Street Preachers