The following quiz questions were submitted by Perry Bartlett. Perry runs a quiz night at Floyd's Bar, Cerro Branco, Albufeira in Portugal every Saturday & Wednesday night at 10pm. Many thanks Perry.
1. In 1770 James Cook landed in which modern day country?
2. In which field were Sir Thomas Beecham, born today in 1879, and Sir Malcolm Sergeant, born today in 1895 famous?
3. Who did Adolph Hitler marry today in 1945?
4. Born today in 1931, who was known as ?The King of Skiffle??
5. Which boxer was stripped of his world title today in 1967 for refusing to join the US army?
6. Which film director, who died today in 1980 directed the films ?Marnie?, ?Rear Window? and ?Frenzy?, among many others?
7. Which country completed its withdrawal from Lebanon today in 2005?
8. Edward Kennedy Ellington was born today in 1899, by what nickname do we usually know him?
9. Daniel Day-Lewis is 49 today (2006), for which film did he receive the best actor Oscar in 1989?
10. How old is Jerry Seinfeld today (2006)?
2. Music (Conductors)
3. Eve Braun
4. Lonnie Donegan
5. Mohammed Ali
6. Alfred Hitchcock
9. My Left Foot