28th September Quiz
1) Born on this day 1789, the English physician Richard Bright, who discovered Bright?s disease. What part of the body is affected by Bright?s disease
2) Born on this day 1888 the English novelist Herman Cyril McNeile, who created Bulldog Drummond, his pen name is the army word for engineer, what is it?
3) Born on this day 1934, the actress who starred in the film And God Created Women, who
4) Born on this day 1905, Max Schmeling as what was he famous?
5) Died on this day 1964 Arthur Marx, the mute member of the Marx brothers, what was his nickname?
6) Died on this day 1989, which deposed president of the Philippines?
7) What was sung for the first time at a London theatre On this day 1745, in response to a threat from Bonnie Prince Charlie?
8) Which partnership opened their first shop in Manchester On this day 1894?
9) On this day 1923, which weekly publication, still being sold today, first went on sale?
10) On this day 1978 which pope was found dead after only 33 days?
3) Bridget Bardot
6) Ferdinand Marcos
7) God save the King
8) Marks and Spencer
9) The radio Times
10) Pope John Paul I