The following quiz questions were submitted by Perry Bartlett. Perry runs a quiz night at Floyd's Bar, Cerro Branco, Albufeira in Portugal every Saturday & Wednesday night at 10pm. Many thanks Perry.
1. Who founded St. Petersburg on this day in 1703?
2. Actor Lou Gosset Jnr is 70 today (2006), for which film did he win a best supporting actor Oscar, alongside Richard Gere in 1982?
3. In which year was the pop-up toaster patented on this day?
4. Born today in 1943, by what name do we usually know Priscilla White?
5. Siouxsie Sioux is 49 today (2006), what was her backing group called?
6. Which ocean liner, now hotel in Long Beach, was launched today in 1936?
7. 39 today (2006), for which club did Paul Gascoigne make his league debut?
8. Which famous Australian bridge opened for the first time today in 1932?
9. The creator of ?Believe it or Not?? died today in 1949, who was he?
10. How old is Henry Kissenger today (2006)?
1. Peter the Great
2. Officer & a Gentleman
4. Cilla Black
6. Queen Mary
8. Sydney Harbour Bridge
9. Robert Ripley