28th June Quiz
The following quiz questions were submitted by Perry Bartlett. Perry runs a quiz night at Floyd's Bar, Cerro Branco, Albufeira in Portugal every Saturday & Wednesday night at 10pm. Many thanks Perry.
1. Whose coronation took place on this day in 1838?
2. Born today in 1935, which much loved actor played Mr. Humphries in ?Are You Being Served???
3. Rod Serling died today in 1975, which classic American TV Sci-fi series of the fifties and early sixties did he create, write and present?
4. Which Australian bushranger, famous for his homemade armour, was captured today in 1880?
5. 61 today (2008), in what field is Clarissa Dickson Wright a well known name?
6. Which much loved English actress, who passed away today in 2001 starred in many Carry On films, played Madge Hardcastle in ?As Time Goes By? and Mrs. Wembley in ?On the Up??
7. Who did Gavrilo Princep assassinate in Sarajevo today in 1914, sparking the events that lead to WWI?
8. 40 today (2008), what part had Adam Woodyatt played in Eastenders since it started in 1985?
9. Who bit a lump from Evander Holyfield?s ear today in 1997?
10. How old is Mel Brooks today? (2008)
1. Queen Victoria
2. John Inman
3. Twilight Zone
4. Ned Kelly
6. Joan Sims
7. Archduke Franz Ferdinand
8. Ian Beale
9. Mike Tyson