25th June Quiz
The following quiz questions were submitted by Perry Bartlett. Perry runs a quiz night at Floyd's Bar, Cerro Branco, Albufeira in Portugal every Saturday & Wednesday night at 10pm. Many thanks Perry.
1. Who did Sitting Bull defeat at the battle of Little Bighorn today in 1876?
2. Born on this day in 1903, by what pen name do we know author Eric Blair?
3. ?Faith? was the first solo album for which singer, born today in 1963?
4. The largest diamond ever known was discovered today in 1905, what was it called?
5. Both born today, who is older, Ricky Gervais or Phill Jupitas?
6. Born today in 1928, which characters were the most famous creation of Belgian cartoonist Peyo?
7. The diary of which Amsterdam schoolgirl was published today in 1947?
8. 35 today, to which singer has Jamie Redknapp been married for ten years?
9. Croatia and Slovenia declared their independence from which country today in 1991?
10. How old is Carly Simon today? (2008)
2. George Orwell
3. George Michael
4. Cullinan Diamond
5. Gervais (by 1 year)
7. Anne Frank
8. Louise (Nurding)