23rd June Quiz
The following quiz questions were submitted by Perry Bartlett. Perry runs a quiz night at Floyd's Bar, Cerro Branco, Albufeira in Portugal every Saturday & Wednesday night at 10pm. Many thanks Perry.
1. The Battle of Bannockburn started today in 1314, who was the English king defeated by Robert I of Scotland?
2. Alan Turing was born today in 1912, which code was he instrumental in cracking during WWII?
3. The actor who played Uncle Albert in ?Only Fools and Horses? died today in 1999, what was his name?
4. The International Olympic Committee was founded on this day in 1894, where were the first Olympic Games held?
5. June Carter Cash was born today in 1929, who played her in the film ?Walk the Line??
6. Today is the official birthday of the ruler of Luxembourg, by what title is he known?
7. Sega released the game Sonic today in 1991, what kind of creature was Sonic?
8. The late Terry Nelhams was born today in 1940; by what stage name did we usually know him?
9. Who cut off her husband?s manhood, and threw it out of a car window on this day in 1993?
10. How old is former footballer Jean Tigana today? (2007)
1. Edward II
3. Buster Merryfield
5. Reese Witherspoon
6. Grand Duke
8. Adam Faith
9. Lorena Bobbitt