18th January Quiz
1) Born on this day 1779 Peter Mark Roget, what is the title of his most famous work?
2) Born on this day 1820, the youngest of the Bronte Sisters, who?
3) On this day 1995, ancient cave paintings more than 20,000 years old were found in which country?
4) Born on this day 1880, Mikall Sinnott, how was he better known?
5) Born on this day the star of Little Voice, who?
6) Born on this day in which year Cassius Clay?
7) On this day 1912, who reached the South Pole one-month after Amundsen?
8) Born on this day 1928, which famous hairdresser?
9) On this day 1977 who became the first man to be executed in the US after the reintroduction of the death penalty?
10) On this day 1983 Breakfast TV came to the BBC, who were the main male and female presenter?
4) Mack Sennett
5) Jane Horrocks
7) Captain Robert Scott
8) Vidal Sassoon
9) Gary Gilmore
10) Frank Bough and Selina Scott