18th May Quiz
1) Born on this day 1920 Karol Wojtyla, how is he or she better known?
2) Born on this day 1912. The singer responsible for Magic Moments, who?
3) Born on this day 1909 which English tennis player? a
4) Died on this day 1911 the composer Gustav Mahler, what nationality was he?
5) On this day 1804 who was proclaimed Emperor of France
6) On this day 1830 Edwin Budding invented something which was first used at Regents Park Zoo, most households now have one, but probable only 1, what is it?
7) On this day 1910 which comet passed the sun?
8) On this day 1955 what opened in London, beginning the fast food invasion?
9) On this day 1969 which British driver won his 5th record breaking Monaco Grand Prix?
10) On this day 1979 what was the surname of the women who won $10.5 million for suffering nuclear contamination?
1) Pope John Paul Ii
2) Perry Como
3) Fred Perry
5) Napoleon Bonaparte
6) Lawn Mower
8) Wimpy Bar
9) Graham Hill
10) Silkwood (Karen)