17th March Quiz
1) Born on this day 1954, the English actress who made her name in Upstairs, Downstairs, who?
2) Born on this day 1834, the founder of the Daimler Automobile company, who is it?
3) Died on this day 1988 Takeo Miki, former Prime Minister of which country?
4) On this day 1337, the Duchy of where was created when Edward the Black prince was made the first Duke?
5) On this day 1845 was patented by Stephen Perry of a certain London rubber company?
6) On this day 1899, which classic Neapolitan song was first published?
7) On this day 1921, Dr Marie Stopes in London opened the first of what sort of clinic?
8) On this day 1968 a huge demonstration took place in which London Square against the continuance of US involvement in Vietnam?
9) On this day 1969 who became Prime Minister of Israel?
10) On this day 1978, which oil tanker ran aground on the coast of Brittany?
1) Lesley Ann Down
2) Gottlieb Daimler
5) Elastic bands
6) Sole Mio
7) Birth Control Clinic
8) Grosvenor Square
9) Golda Meir
10) Amoco Cadiz