2. Which English leader prohibited the singing of Christmas songs ?
3. The following are words from which Christmas songs ?
a. she didnt see me creep down the stairs to have a peep
b. she'd been drinking too much egg nog
c. once bitten and twice shy I keep my distance
d. in the lane the snow is glistenin
e. the choir of children sing their song they practiced all year long
4. Many people claim that the first inofficial football international between Germany and a Scotland England side was played on a Christmas Day. The pitch or playing field was found between what ?
5. The Christmas film 'Miracle on 34th Street' has been remade many times. Who won a best supporting actor Oscar for the role of Kris Kringle in the original 1947 film and which two time Oscar winner played Kris in the 1994 remake ?
6. 'Who' catches the Grinch red handed stealing Christmas presents ?
7. In which country does an ugly old witch named Bafana deliver presents on the night of 5th/6th of January ?
8. In which country is St. Nick called Sinterklaas ?
9. "Good King Wenceslas looked out on the feast of Stephan". In which country was Wenceslas king ?
10. Apparently, while poking at the fire, the London sweet shop owner Tom Smith got the inspiration to make what ?
1. Carol (choranlein)
2. Oliver Cromwell
3. Five Answers:
a. I saw mommy kissin Santa Claus
b. Grandma got run over by a reindeer
c. Last Christmas
d. Winter Wonderland
e. Wonderful Christmas Time
4. Between the trenches in no mans land, Christmas 1914. ( No match report is available but it seems the Germans won 3-2.)
5. Edmund Gwenn and Richard Attenborough
6. Cindy Lou Who
7. Answer c. Italy To naughty children "Lo dico alla Befana" (I'll tell the Befana !!)
9. Bohemia (Czech Republic)
10. Christmas crackers