2. What are the names of the Three Wise Men or The Three Kings ? (in western folklore)
3. "A family comedy without the family" was a movie poster tagline for which film?
4. Yukon Cornelius lends which popular Christmas character a helping hand?
5. Which festive word means 'turning of the sun' ?
6. Plus or minus 2, in which year did the Cabbage Patch Doll first appear under the Christmas tree?
7. Which pudding with a misleading name was banned by English Puritans because it was deemed to be 'sinfully rich' ?
8. Which popular poem did Clement Clark Moore write for his six children in 1822 ?
9. Superstition dictates that when making mince pies for Christmas one should always stir in which direction ?
10. Most of us have had to eat 'humble pie' at least once in our lives. During Elizebethian times it was popular at Christmas feasts. What was the main ingredient?
1. (War is over)
2. Caspar, Melchior and Balthasar
3. Answer c. John Prine
('Christmas in prison' from the album Sweet Revenge)
4. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer (from the 1964 TV special)
5. Yuletide (Yule means wheel in old Norse language)
7. Plum pudding. There are no plums in plum pudding.
(sugar, raisons, suet, flour and various spices boiled in a bag till 'plum')
8. A visit from St. Nicholas (The night before Christmas)
"It twas the night before Christmas when all through the house......"
9. In a clockwise direction.
10. Innards or offal (Usually deer).