2. Who said, "You'll want all day tomorrow, I suppose " ?
3. Thousands of what marched on London from Norfolk just prior to Christmas each year in Victorian times ?
4. The Bible doesnt say when Jesus was born. Pope Julius I made this decision in which year ?
a. 50 AD
b. 350 AD
c. 750 AD
d. 1250 AD
5. Which song was heard on both sides of the trenches on Christmas Eve 1914 ?
6. In which city is Kevin left 'Home Alone' at Christmas? (the first Home Alone)
7. What do George C. Scott, Alastair Sim, Daffy Duck, Patrick Stewart, Michael Caine, Fred Flintstone and Jim Carrey all have in common ?
8. Which German city, famous for its Christmas market (Christkindmarkt) and Christmas ginger bread (Lebkuchen) was once known as the 'ginger bread capital of the world' ?
9. The following is a 17th century English recipe for wassail, a popular Christmas drink.
"Next crowne the bowle full with gentle lambs wool
add sugar, nutmeg and ginger.
with a store of ale too;
and this ye must doe
to make a Wassaile a swinger"
What is 'gentle lambs wool' ?
b. pulp of roasted apple
c. double cream
d. lambs wool
10. The following words are from which Christmas songs ?
a. and folks dressed up like Eskimos
b. do the fairies keep him sober for a day
c. forever ceasing never. Over us to reign
d. for yellow and red ones let's stop all the fight
2. Scrooge to Bob Cratchit in Dicken's 'A Christmas Carol'.
3. Turkeys and Geese (The turkeys wore little learther boots, the geese just had their feet tarred)
4. answer b. 350 ad
5. Silent Night Stille Nacht
7. They have all played the role of Ebenezer Scrooge in film or television
9. answer b. the pulp of roasted crab apple
10. Four Answers:
a. The Christmas Song (Chestnuts roasting on an open fire....)
b. Merry Xmas Everybody
c. We Three Kings
d. Happy Christmas (War is over)