Pauls Christmas Quiz 5
1. On the eve of 'Kings Day', the 6th of January, what do children in Argentina leave under their beds in the hope they will be filled with small gifts and sweets ?
2. What is wrong with the Grinch's heart in 'How the Grinch stole Christmas' ?
3. What were the two all time best selling songs in the USA in 1949 ? (both are Christmas songs)
4. Complete the title of each of the following Christmas films.
b. We're no
d. The Bells of
e. The Polar
f. It's a wonderful
g. Tim Burtons The Night
h. Santa Claus conquers the
5 Which 'embassy employee' toy was on many a boys Christmas list in 1964-65 ?
6. Amongst the Lapplanders 'Yule Swain' is a type of Santa that rides a goat. It must be a large goat because the Yule Swain is quite tall. Plus or minus 2 feet, how tall is he ?
7. In many parts of Europe the following days play a significant role in Christmas festivities. Which saints day is celebrated on:
a. Dec 6
b. Dec 13
c. Dec 26
8. When exactly is 'The Twelfth Night' ?
9. The traditional English 'Father Christmas' was not dressed in red. What colour did he wear ?
10. According to CBS, which 1964 animated story is the longest running holiday special in TV history ?
2. "two sizes too small"
3. White Christmas and Rudolph the red nosed reindeer.
4. Eight Answers:
d. St. Marys
g. mare before Christmas
5. The James Bond 'Attache' Case. (Today they are collecters items, one was sold on eBay in 2005 for 1,025.00 US dollars or 560 pounds !)
6. 11 feet tall
7. Three Answers
a. St. Nicholas
b. Santa Lucia (popular in Sweden)
c. St. Stephan
8. The evening of the 5th of January
9. Green. A sign of the returning spring.
10. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. The one where Rudolph and Hermey the elf(who would rather be a dentist) run away from Christmas Town.