Apologies in advance for this round, but some of the Christmas-related answers are a little tenuous!
2. In what country was Christmas banned from 1960 until 1997 when it was reinstated to commemorate a papal visit?
3. Who made the headlines in 1906 by refusing Christmas dinner?
4. Who won an Oscar for Best Actress in 1993 for her role in The Piano
5. Which countries football team finished runners up in Group B behind Italy in Euro 2000?
6. Revealed in January 1994 Queen Elizabeth had banned family and aides from repeating which 2 words that she had used in a previous Christmas day address
7. Why was Boxing Day so named?
8. What is the name of George Bailey's guardian angel in Its a Wonderful Life?
9. If you were born on Christmas Day, what would your star sign be?
10. In February 1993 Queen Elizabeth issued a writ against which newspaper over the publication of her Christmas day speech?
11. On Christmas day in 1950 what was stolen from Westminster Abbey?
12. Which King of England was crowned on Christmas day?
13. Which people first brought Christmas to the New World in colonial times?
14. Who was the first spirit-like visitor seen by Ebenezer Scrooge?
15. On Christmas day 1967, Paul McCartney announced his engagement to who?
16. What was the last UK Christmas No 1 of the 1970s?
1. Seven swans a-swimming
3. Jailed Suffragettes
4. Holly Hunter
6. Annus horribilis
7. After the custom of giving Christmas Boxes/Tips to workmen/tradesmen
8. Clarence Odbody
10. The Sun
11. The Stone of Scone
12. William the Conqueror
13. The Dutch
14. Jacob Marley
15. Jane Asher
16. Another Brick in the wall, Pink Floyd