The following quiz round was very kindly submitted by Ted Smith from the UK. Many, many thanks Ted, another great quiz round.
Take the first letter of each answer to spell a lyric from a well known song sang at New Year
2. What name is given to the cartilage lying behind the tongue and in front of the entrance to the larynx?
3. The name of the liner sunk by a German submarine on 7th May 1915
4. Name given to a feet-first toboggan?
5. A Shropshire town that was named after a famous engineer
6. Role played by Tina Turner in 1975 movie Tommy
7. Chinese for "bump head" a gesture of servility
8. The river in which Hamburg stands
9. The most highly populated city in Alaska
10. In which film does John Cleese play a headmaster called Mr Stimpson?
11. The capital city of Mongolia
12. What cakes are made from liquorice extract sugar, flour, glucose and water?
13. In which battle of 1898 did British and Egyptian troops led by Kitchener defeat Sudanese tribesmen?
14. The name given to the leaves of ferns
15. The Kookaburra is the largest member of which bird family?
16. What is the Japanese art of flower arranging called?
17. The country which has Windhoek as its capital
18. The name given to word blindness
19. The name of the French town where the sitcom Allo Allo was set
20. The name given to the branch of philosophy concerned with human values
21. In the Bible, who was the first King of Israel?
22. The name given to the highest order of angels?
23. By population, which is Japan's second largest city?
24. The second book of the bible
25. The sporting activity where you would perform a Randolph
26. The female equivalent of the Davis Cup in tennis
27. The name given to the natives of the Orkneys
28. The name given to a teacher of Jewish law
29. The largest bread of terrier
30. The title of the number 1 collaboration between Queen and David Bowie
31. The film in which David Bowie played the king of the goblins
32. Who had a number one hit with Shaddup Your Face (surname)?
33. Which American City is served by McCarran Airport? .
34. The alternative name for a Michaelmas daisy
35. The name of the first US atomic submarine
36. Who wrote The Client The Chamber and The Firm?
37. Mythical river which led to Hades
38. Song that was number 1 for the pop duo Baccara?
39. The medical term given to the study of the brain and nervous system
40. The alternative name for the North American moose
6. Acid Queen
11. Ulan Bator
12. Pontefract cakes
26. Federation Cup
30. Under Pressure
32. Dolce, Joe
33. Las Vegas
36. Grisham (John)
38. Yes sir, I can boogie
Lyric: We'll take a cup of kindness yet for auld lang syne