1. What were the two great civilisations in Greece between 2000 and 1000 BC?
2. Since 1670, what is the oldest commercial corporation in North America?
3. Which two European countries were eliminated by South Korea in the knock-out rounds of the 2002 World Cup, and who stopped South Korea in the semi-final?
4. Which 1965 007 children's toy with all the accessories can now fetch up to 1,500 dollars when sold at auctions or through E-Bay?
5. Which tiny country has the highest number of snake bite fatalities each year?
6. What are the three most populated cities in Africa?
7. Name the first eight UK number one hits from The Beatles (One point for each).
8. The Pretenders hit 'Stop Your Sobbing' and The Herman's Hermits hit 'Dandy' were both written by which man?
9. What did the US buy for $7.2m in 1867?
10. Which women, famed for having something named after her, said "When women go wrong, men go right after them"?
11. Charlie Chaplin and Arthur Jefferson (Stan Laurel) both worked in which famous 'circus'?
12. What kind of creature are taipan, fer-de-lance and krait?
13. Which British writer-comedienne and dinner lady famously said "I thought coq-au-vin was love in a lorry"?
14. Which five countries in the world have armed forces with more than 1,000,000 active troops?
15. In which films does Dustin Hoffman play the following characters?
a. Babe Levy
b. Benjamin Braddock
c. Jack Crabb
d. Louis Dega
e. Ratso Rizzo
16. Other than Hornby Model Railways, what were Frank Hornby's two most popular additions to the world of toys?
17. What was the title of the first Beatles album in which all the songs on the record were composed by the Beatles?
18. The Hejaz appears on the list of original members of the League of Nations. Today, Hejaz is a part of which country?
19. 'Q' in James Bond films. What does 'Q' stand for?
20. What is the main ingredient of houmous?
21. The inspiration for which children's book character died in April 1996?
22. Name the native city of Italian artist Canaletto that many of his works portray?
23. Which book ends with the line 'thank goodness!' said Bilbo laughing, and handed him the tobacco jar?
24. If you show your feelings openly, where are you said to wear your heart?
25. Of what is Gymnophobia the fear?
26. Reports of vampires were widespread in Europe in the 18th century. According to the most popular tradition, how must vampires be killed?
27. In which decade of the 20th century did the Supreme Court of the United States declare racial segregation in schools illegal?
28. How many chambers does a mammal's heart have?
29. On silverware what do the letters EPNS stand for?
1. Minoan and Mycenaean
2. The Hudson Bay Company
3. Italy and Spain; Germany
4. The James Bond Attache Case
5. Sri Lanka
6. Cairo, Lagos and Kinshasa.
7. From Me to You, She Loves You, I Want to Hold Your Hand, Can't Buy Me Love, A Hard Day's Night, I Feel Fine, Ticket to Ride, Help!
8. Ray Davies of the Kinks
10. Mae West
11. Fred Karno's circus.
13. Victoria Wood
14. China, United States, Russia, India and North Korea.
15. Six answers
a. Marathon Man
b. The Graduate
c. Little Big Man
e. Midnight Cowboy
f. Dick Tracy
16. Dinky Toys and Meccano
17. A Hard Days Night
18. Saudi Arabia
20. Chick Peas
21. Christopher Robin
23. The Hobbit
24. On Your Sleeve
26. By driving a stake through their heart
27. 1950s (1954)
29. Electroplated Nickel Silver