1. What is the name of the castle that is the icon for all things 'Walt Disney'?
2. Which modern form of men's clothing in the early 19th century was banned in Russia by Tsar Alexander the first?
3. Which disaster rock band has been declared a threat to the state in Belarus?
4. Which two armies fought each other at the Battle of Borodino on September 7th, 1812, a battle involving more than 250,000 troops and resulting in at least 70,000 casualties?
5. A chordophone is a musical instrument that makes a sound with vibrating strings. The name of which chordophone roughly translated from the Hawaiian means "jumping flea"?
6. What do Sid Vicious, Dick Cheney, Kate Winslet, Adolf Hitler, Neil Young, Boris Becker, Shakespeare, George W Bush, David Attenborough, Oliver Hardy, Elvis, Hugh Hefner and Frank Zappa all have in common?
a. They have all appeared on the cover of Time magazine
b. They all have had animals named after them
c. They all have six fingers or six toes
d. They have all spent time in prison
7. In the cult film 'From Dusk till Dawn' holy water was used as a weapon against the vampires. What did the humans use as containers for the holy water?
8. The ancient Greeks believed their world was made up of five elements: Fire, Earth, Air, Water and which other fifth element?
9. Due to President Hoover's unpopularity during the Depression, the name of the Hoover Dam was changed to what?
10. According to the Forbe's rich list of 2009, Mrs. Yelena Nikolayevna Baturina is the richest woman in Russia. What is the name or job of her husband?
11. The following words are from songs with 'dream' somewhere in the title. Can you name the song? one point for each correct answer.
a. If you see the wonder of a fairy tale
b. I can make you mine, taste your lips of wine
c. I travel the world and the seven seas
d. You know the preacher likes the cold
e. When we were children we played in your backyard
f. I've just closed my eyes again
g. Every night I hope and pray
h. Maybe tomorrow the good Lord will take you away
i. I'm an alligator, I'm a mama papa coming for you
j. My shavin razor's cold and it stings
12. What do the books 'Don Quixote', Pilgrim's Progress', 'Fanny Hill' and Sir Walter Raleigh's 'History of the World' all have in common?
13. One of the first triple albums ever released is ranked number 9 in the 'The top 100 albums that don't appear in all the other top 100 albums of all time' list. Which Beatle released the album and what is it called?
14. What name was given to the ferocious wolf or bear pelt clad Norsemen who refused to wear armour in battle?
15. How did Gottfried Dienst make over the line headlines in 1966?
16. Which 1925 silent film, which years later would be remade into a Hollywood blockbuster, was the most expensive silent film ever made?
17. Che Guevara fought as an armed combatant in which three countries?
18. The lines in a Peruvian desert which depict stylized animals which can only be seen from the air are called what?
19. The 1966 cult film 'Blow Up' was directed by the Italian Antonioni. What was his artistic sounding first name?
20. The main character of Scarface, Tony Montana, was played by Al Pachino. What was Tony's nationality?
1. Cinderella Castle
4. Napoleon's French Grande Armée and the Imperial Russian Army (lead by General Mikhail Kutuzov)
6. b. They have all had animals named after them
9. Boulder Dam. Congress re-named it Hoover again in 1947
10. Mr. Yury Mikhaylovich Luzhkov, the Mayor of Moscow
11. Ten answers
a. I have a dream (ABBA)
b. All I have to do is dream (The Everly Brothers)
c. Sweet dreams (Are made of this) (Eurythmics)
d. California dreaming (The Mamas and Papas)
e. Dreams are ten a penny (Kincade)
f. Dream weaver (Gary Wright)
g. Dream lover (Bobby Darin)
h. Dream on (Aerosmith)
i. Moonage daydream (David Bowie)
j. Daydream believer (The Monkees)
12. They were all written (or partly written) in prison.
13. George Harrison. 'All Things Must Pass'
15. He was the referee during the Football World Cup final between England and West Germany. (Wembley Goal)
16. Ben Hur
17. Cuba, Congo and Bolivia
18. Nazca lines. Found in the Nazca desert