The following quiz round was kindly donated by Ray Dickerson. Many, many thanks Ray for taking the time to share your excellent connections round. Great job!
1. Which British comedy duo have, as some of their characters, "Brabbins and Fyffe", "The Inappropriate Dentist" and 'RAF Pilots" (who speak in street lingo)?
2. This American hotelier, who died in 1979, was actress Zsa Zsa Gabor's 2nd husband. He is also the great-grandfather of a current media personality. Who was he?
3. This actor starred as Boromir in The Lord of The Rings films. Who is he?
4. This American playwright, actor and TV and film director was nominated for an Academy Award for his performance in 'The Right Stuff'. He is also the partner of Jessica Lange. Who is he?
5. Who was the designer of the Battle of Britain aircraft, the Supermarine Spitfire?
6. The title track of the film 'The Sting' was based on piano rag called 'The Entertainer', written by which composer and pianist?
7. This Manchester United defender joined the club in 1990, after playing for Leeds and Oldham, and stayed for 12 years. He won 56 international caps for the Republic of Ireland. Who is he?
8. In the 1980's Mike, Rick, Neil and Vyvyan were collectively known as who on British television?
9. Who is the President of the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club?
10. What connects the Answers in Q1-Q9?
1. Alexander ARMSTRONG and Ben Miller (Neil Armstrong Apollo 11)
2. CONRAD Hilton (Pete Conrad Apollo 12)
3. Sean BEAN (Alan Bean Apollo 12)
4. Sam SHEPARD (Alan Shepard Apollo 14)
5. R J MITCHELL (Edgar Mitchell Apollo 14)
6. SCOTT Joplin (David Scott Apollo 15)
7. Denis IRWIN (James Irwin Apollo 15)
8. The YOUNG Ones (John W Young Apollo 16)
9. The DUKE of Kent (Charles Duke Apollo 16)
10. They are all men who have walked on the Moon.