Food and Drink Quiz 18
1. What is the name of the traditional English dish which is made up of leftover food, usually potato, cabbage and other greens, which are fried?
2. What name is given to a kind of thin pancake which is eaten throughout Mexico?
3. Which country would you associate with the dish Couscous?
4. What is the name of the Turkish dish of vine leaves filled with rice, chopped meat and onions?
5. What is the name of the highly flavoured East Indian soup made with curry powder and hot seasonings?
6. What is the name of the Italian dish of large tubes of pasta filled with savoury meat. mixture?
7. Which vegetable is the traditional Burns Night accompaniment to haggis?
8. Blue Vinney is a famous English cheese. From which part of the country does it come?
9. Yellowish brown raw cane sugar is called Demerara sugar after the region where it is produced -but where is Demerara?
10. What name is given to the group of Italian cheeses which are hard and old, and have a special strong taste? They are usually grated and used as flavourings.
11. Which cake is traditionally eaten on 5th November to commemorate Guy Fawkes?
12. What is the traditional Thanksgiving dessert served in the United States?
13. What is the name of the currant biscuit named after an 18th century Italian leader?
14. Osso Bucco is a traditional dish from Italy. What type of meat is usually used in the preparation of this dish?
15. What do Americans call endive?
16. What is the name of the cake, originally made for Mother's Day, but which became more identified with .Easter over time?
17. The biscuit known as shortbread is a speciality from which country?
18. What do the Italians call their strong dark coffee served in small cups?
19. Give the culinary name for a bunch of herbs used in -flavourings.
20. What name is given to a small fireproof dish used for cooking small portions of food?
1. Bubble and Squeek
7. Mashed Swede
11. Yorkshire Parkin
12. Pumpkin Pie
16. Simnel cake
19. Bouquet Garni