The following quiz was kindly donated by Jay Patrick. Many thanks Jay, great work. Jay would like the website http://www.dragonarttattoo.net mentioned on our site in return for his quiz inclusion.
1. Along which river and its tributaries do the German vineyards lie?
2. Along which river is most of France's Sauvignon Blanc cultivated?
3. Claret wine is produced in the region surrounding which French city?
4. How are fizzy wines, other than champagnes, described?
5. How many normal size wine bottles would you have in a Methuselah?
6. In which area of Italy is Chianti Classico produced?
7. In which country is Rioja produced?
8. In which country is the Marlborough wine region?
9. In which country is the wine-growing Barossa Valley?
10. In which country is the wine-making area of Stellenbosch?
11. In which country was a vine variety called 'vegetable dragon pearls'?
12. In which part of the United States is the Zinfandel grape chiefly cultivated?
13. In which South American country is Casablanca Valley?
14. Retsina is native to which country?
15. What are the three styles of port?
16. What colour are most English wines?
17. What colour are most of the wines from France's Anjou region?
18. What is a crate of twelve bottles of wine called?
19. What is Moet et Chandon?
20. What is the first name of wine writer Ms Robinson?
21. What is the normal capacity for a bottle of wine?
22. What would be the term to describe a dry champagne?
23. Which country does Sukhindol wine come from?
24. Which red wine is drunk when young and is called 'nouveau'?
25. Which scientist discovered that yeast causes fermentation?
26. Which white wine grape variety is most widely planted in California?
27. Which wine can be 'fino' or 'oloroso'?
28. Which wine has the varieties Malmsey and Sercial?
29. Who is the female wine expert on the BBC's 'Food and Drink' programme?
30. Would a French wine described as 'doux' be medium sweet or medium dry?
8. New Zealand
10. South Africa
15. Ruby, tawny and vintage
21. 75 centilitres
25. Louis Pasteur
29. Jilly Goolden
30. Medium sweet