Pauls Food and Drink Quiz 5
1. Which ancestor of Noah is also the name of an oversized Champagne bottle that holds six litres?
2. Which cocktail, named after a city, was invented by the Raffles Hotel barkeeper Ngiam Tong Boon in 1915?
3. What kind of orange is used to flavour Earl Grey tea?
4. Which seed has been used for centuries to colour cheddar cheese?
5. The English word for which popular spice takes its name from the Latin and or French word for 'nail'?
6. The name of which very popular edible product translated means 'twice cooked'?
7. What is green horseradish called in Japan?
8. The following are translations for various Italian pastas. Can you name the pasta? One point for each correct answer:
a. Little worms,
b. Cooking pot,
c. Little tongues,
e. Little pies
9. What is the name given to the cuisine that stems from the French colonists who left Canada in 1755 and settled in and around the swamps and bayous of Louisiana?
10. The name of which popular herb stems from the Latin for 'dew of the sea'?
2. Singapore Sling
3. Bergamot Orange
4. The annatto seed
5. Cloves (Latin 'clavus', French 'clou')
8. Five Answers
10. Rosemary (Rosmarinus. Ros (dew) Marinus (sea))