1. Translate "Mesopotamia"
2. The following are the first words to which famous song:
a: Sometimes it's hard to be a woman
b: Trailers for sale or rent
c: I saw her today at the reception
d: Whatever happened to Leon Trotzsky?
3. Which country was the last to occupy a United States territory with it's soldiers?
4. What is the name of the witch in Russian fairy tales?
5. The 'L' in LSD stands for what?
6. What was the name of Drew Barrymore's character in E.T.?
7. AIBOHPHOBIA is the fear of what? (hint: look at the spelling)
8. What are the three longest rivers in North America?
9. Which of the following is said to have the most bacteria:
a: Mobile phone, b: Shoe Soles, c: Toilet brush, d: Door knob/handle?
10. The following words are from which famous song?
"Is everybody happy? knock, knock, knock, knock. You can't come in. knock, knock, knock. You can't come in "
1. Between two rivers Mesopotamia refers to the region now occupied by modern Iraq, and parts of eastern Syria, southeastern Turkey, and southwest Iran. The toponym comes from the Greek words μέσος "between" and ποταμός "river", referring to the basins of the Euphrates and the Tigris rivers and the area in between. Comparably, the Arabic term is Ma Bayn Al Nahrain "between the two rivers". The geographical area watered by these two rivers is often referred to as the "Cradle of Civilization", since it was here that the first literate societies developed in the late 4th millennium BC, using a highly sophisticated writing system in the context of the emergence of the first cities and complex state bureaucracies.
2. Four Answers
a: Stand by your man,
b: King of the road,
3: You can't always get what you want,
4: No more heroes
4. Baba Yaga
5. Lysergic (Lysergic acid diethylamide)
7. The fear of palindromes - i.e. words spelt the same way backwards as forwards. (in German: EIBOHPHOBIE)
8. Three Answers
9. a: Mobile phone
10. (The Specials) - You're Wondering Now