Pauls Quiz 37
1. In which tiny European country would you find the TROODOS mountain range?
2. What is the title of the 2006 book about Hannibal Lector?
3 and 4. Who wrote the Verve hit "Bitter Sweet Symphony"? The samples were lifted from which song by which artist(s)?
5. Which ancient Chinese drink cleanses the body and the soul?
6. What is a HABOOB?
7. 30% of all Biological non-degradable waste in the UK, Germany and the USA is made up of what?
8. The most valuable football shirt of all time was sold at auction for 100,000 Euro. Who wore it originally and in which year?
9. The following words are from which famous song:
"I don't like these drugs that keep you thin"?
10. The following words are the first words from which famous song:
"Hopes dashed to the floor like shattered teenage dreams. Boys living next door are never what they seem, oooh"?
2. Hannibal Rising
3. and 4. The song was written by Richard Ashcroft of the Verve. This samples an obscure orchestral version of "The Last Time," a 1965 song by the Rolling Stones. (This was recorded before they got permission from the Stones to use the riff, so the Verve had to sign away most of the royalties from this in order to release it.)
6. A very strong wind / dust storm that moves through hot and dry regions, commonly in Africa
7. Disposable Nappies (German: Einwegwindeln, American English: Disposable Diapers)
8. Bobby Moore, 1966.
9. (Leonard Cohen) - First We Take Manhattan, (then we take Berlin) (Later by Jennifer Warnes)
10. Bananarama - Robert De Niro's Waiting