1. Where does the phrase "three square meals a day" come from?
2. What killed the aliens in the following movies:
b: Mars Attacks
c: War of the Worlds?
3. The following words come from which famous song:
"Phoney Beatlemania has bitten the dust"?
4. A word for dark, confused, unclear and peculiar . Eight letters and the last is an 'E'.
5. Which fruit has the most calories per gram? (hint: the fifth letter is an 'A')
6. Why do people on their holidays take DRAMAMINE?
7. Easter Sunday always falls after the 21st of March. Which factor determines the exact date?
8. What is the slipperiest substance in the world, six letters and the second is an 'E'?
9. Which sport, originating in India, was originally called POONA?
10. The following words are the first words to which famous song:
"And you may find yourself living in a shotgun shack"
1. From the British Sailors in the 18th Century who ate each meal from a square wooden slab/plate.
2. a: Anti-dandruff shampoo,(selenium) b: Slim Whitman music, c: Bacteria
3. London Calling (the Clash)
6. It's a motion sickness pill - so to avoid nasty effects of motion sickness.
7. The first full moon after the 21st of March - actually, Easter Sunday falls on the first Sunday following the first ecclesiastical full moon that occurs on or after the day of the vernal equinox; this particular ecclesiastical full moon is the 14th day of a tabular lunation (new moon); and the vernal equinox is fixed as March 21.
10. Once in a lifetime (Talking heads)