1. In France, the UK and Germany, what comes after a trillion?
2. Fred and Wilma Flintstone were the first couple on US primetime television doing what?
3. From the list of the countries with the biggest armies in the world, except China, Russia and the USA, name four other countries in the top ten list.
4. In which cultures would you find the following Gods or Goddesses:
d: AGNI ?
5. A car manufacturer, a Swedish river and a Jewish month. Six letters.
6. Who or what was an ODALISQUE?
7. The first synthetic material was invented in 1868. What was it called? Nine letters and the eighth is an "I" (as in igloo)
8. Which sea separates New Zealand and Australia?
9. How does one call the hair that babies have whilst in the womb, which is shed, digested and finally excreted?
10. The following words are from which famous song:
a: I must've dreamed a thousand dreams Been haunted by a million screams
b: May I have your attention please? May I have your attention please?
c: I was born in the wagon of a travellin show
d: She ain't got no money, Her clothes are kinda funny, Her hair is kinda wild and free
1. A Quadrillion
2. Sleeping in the same bed / going to bed together
3. The list (from July 2006) in descending order is as follows:
1: China (1,600,000)
2: India (1,100,000)
3: North Korea (950,000)
4: South Korea (560,000)
5: Pakistan (550,000)
6: USA (477,800)
7: Vietnam (412,000)
8: Turkey (402,000)
9: Iraq (321,000)
10: Russia (321,000)
4. a: Ancient Egyptian, b: Japanese, c: Norwegian / Norse, d: Hindu
6. White women in a harem - An odalisque was a virgin female slave, who could rise in status to being a concubine or a wife in Ottoman Seraglios, but most of whom tended to the harem of the Turkish sultan.
8. Tasman Sea
9. Lanugo. The word is from the Latin lan and means ?wooly down?. This hair suit is shed before or soon after birth. Each hair of the lanugo is shed one by one and is then swallowed by the baby. The tiny hairs join mucus, bile, and other products to form a black substance called meconium. Just after birth, this meconium is excreted by the newborn in its first bowel movement. One must admit that this is a rather interesting way of ridding ourselves of our first unwanted clothes!
a: Land of confusion (Genesis)
b: The real slim shady (Eminem)
c: Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves (Cher)
d: Love Grows Where My Rosemary Goes (Eddison Lighthouse)